Welcome to the Pew Internet survey for e-book borrowers!
Welcome to the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project online survey of e-book borrowers! We sincerely thank you for participating in this survey, which is part of a broader effort to understand the impact of digital technologies on e-reading and libraries in the 21st century. You can browse all of our research on this topic, including the results of this survey when they are published, at libraries.pewinternet.org.
A few things to note before you begin:
- This survey is completely confidential. Results will only be reported in the aggregate. Verbatim quotes from the open-ended questions may be included in the final report, but will not be attributed to any individual. Your responses will be summarized in a report issued to the general public on the Pew Internet website later this year.
- Most questions require you to click on the response category that best reflects your answer. Some questions are grids that list more than one item down the left-hand side of the screen and response categories across the top. Please provide an answer for each item in the grid.
- Some questions are followed by text boxes in which you are asked to type your answers. There is no character limit in these text boxes so feel free to make your answers as long as you like. We are interested in learning about your unique experiences and perspective.
- The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. You will need to complete the survey in one session. You can not leave the survey and come back to it later.
- You may move use the “previous” and “next” buttons at the bottom of the screen to move back and forth in the survey and change your answers. Your answers will be saved, but they will not be final until you click on the “submit” button at the end of the survey.
Have fun, and we thank you again for participating!
PS: Not a library user? Check out libraries.pewinternet.org/participate for other online surveys and ways to assist with our research.